One of the things Ted Bailey and I talk about in our paper is how copyright and paywalls can create a barrier to the sharing of research findings. As we note, many traditional publishers have lowered their paywalls on coronavirus content, and pre-print servers are becoming an important source of information. Here’s links to some useful unpaywalled resources on coronavirus research.
These links are to COVID-19 specific content.
- Johns Hopkins global cases visualizer
- PLOS Disease Forecasting & Surveillance
- Outbreak Science Rapid PREview (search of preprints)
- PLOS Collection
- PLOS Blogs
- Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA)
- New England Journal of Medicine
- The Lancet
- bioRxiv and medRxiv – preprint servers
- SSRN – preprint server
- AMA resource center for physicians
by Eric E. Johnson
[originally posted April 3, 2020; updated April 4, 2020 with additional links]